Looking for eco-friendly toilet paper that is not sending the planet down the drain? Look no further than the eco-friendly bamboo toilet paper. Bamboo is not just what pandas love. The fastest-growing plant on the earth also produces one of the best choices in soft, unbleached, organic toilet tissue. Finally, there is a toilet roll that makes you happy to go green.
Ever wondered why toilet tissue made from bamboo benefits you, your family, and the world you wish to leave behind for your children? Almost every home need toilet tissue, actually tons of them. However, the environment is taking a beating, supporting our modern life and our need for toilet tissue.
Environmental Cost of Toilet Tissue
Daily, nearly 2 million trees are being literally flushed to keep the world toilet-paper-happy. Traditional toilet tissue, made from the pulp of trees, has affected one of our precious resources. The indiscriminate cutting of trees is leading to vast deforestation.
Using single-use paper to flush the toilet is somehow not making any eco sense. Moreover, the worse part of traditional toilet rolls has been using virgin paper. Trees were grown and cut only to use softer, whiter paper for the 'wipers'.
Toilet rolls made the headlines when they disappeared from supermarket shelves during the COVID-19 pandemic. That necessity, however, led to the discovery of bamboo toilet rolls. Suddenly, the soft bamboo paper came into the spotlight. It caught the people's attention who started seeing its value, though it has been around for a while.
Many started waking up to the environmental impact of using traditional toilet rolls. The good news was that there was a better alternative available and at hand. One that was eco-friendly, sustainable, and gentle on sensitive skin was bamboo toilet paper.
Let's delve into some of the reasons why switching to bamboo-based toilet rolls benefits you, your family, and the planet.
What Is Bamboo Toilet Paper?
This type of toilet tissue or paper is made from bamboo fibers, which make it biodegradable, compostable, and sustainable, unlike traditional toilet tissue. It is grass, a hot favorite of the pandas, and one of the earth's fastest-growing greenery. It will grow a foot in one hour, while a coniferous tree would take a year to do the same.
Is It Really Better for The Environment?
Yes, yes. Absolutely yes. You have the power to choose a tree-free toilet tissue. Grown from renewable resources, eco-friendly tissue paper is a renewable resource. It is the green alternative for those who worry about ecological damage and want to reduce their carbon footprint. Mystifying as it seems, toilet tissue produced from bamboo is softer than cotton and stronger than traditional paper.
What Makes It a Sustainable Choice?
- There are no trees harmed in making bamboo toilet rolls.
- Bamboo is renewable as it is one of the fastest-growing plants on earth, growing by 3 ft a day and reaching maturity in 90 days.
- It does not need replanting or re-harvesting, as it grows from the roots.
- Bamboo clusters grow in small spaces and do not need fertilizers
- The fibers break down easily, unlike traditional toilet tissue which can take years to decompose.
- It is anti-bacterial and anti-microbial, making the products hypoallergenic.
- Biodegradable toilet paper rolls are chemical and bleach-free, thus making them a healthier choice for you and the environment.
- It is safe for composting as it has no harmful chemicals.
- It is safe for plumbing systems as it does not expand in water.
Bamboo Toilet Paper Is Great for Carbon Footprint
The organic toilet papers are made from an unquestionably sustainable and renewable resource. They are the eco-friendly cousins to the old-fashioned, traditional toilet tissue made from tree pulp. Bamboo ones are biodegradable and don't harm the environment during production. You can use it, safe in the knowledge, that trees are not getting chopped to deliver rolls for people's bathrooms.
Bamboo grows quickly and is sturdy. It does not require pesticides, herbicides, or chemical fertilizers, nothing that will impact the environment adversely. They are also unbleached and softer than the regular ones. Considering the amount of toilet rolls consumed daily, it's nice to know that they are created from resources that will grow back again fast. With so many positives in the corner of bamboo toilet rolls, it's not a surprise that many are switching to bamboo alternatives, which at the same time, is part of eco-friendly living. The one that is helping the world.
How to Choose the Right Bamboo Toilet Paper?
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing bamboo toilet tissue roll to ensure you are buying the right and authentic one.
Quality: Look for products made from 100% or a high percentage of bamboo pulp. Avoid products containing bamboo with other fibers, as they may not be non-biodegradable.
Chemicals: Check to see if they are unbleached and free of any chemicals. They are naturally anti-bacterial, so they do not need to be bleached.
Eco-certification: Check for eco-certification logos from the right sources
Packaging: Check for recyclable, compostable, or biodegradable marks and packaging.
Select the appropriate and environmentally friendly toilet paper roll that will also leave you happy that you are doing your part to minimize the eco-damage.
Where Can You Buy Eco-friendly Bamboo Toilet Paper?
With the growing demand for sustainable products, eco-friendly options are available at more places and stores.
Here are some of the best places to buy bamboo toilet tissue:
- Online retailers: Online retailers such as Amazon and eBay have a wide range of bamboo-based products. Compare prices and read customer reviews to finalize the better, eco-friendly brands.
- Sustainable stores: Zero-waste and sustainability stores such as Conscience Nook, Beco, Bare Necessities, and Brown Living carry eco-friendly products, making it easy to find a product that meets your standards for sustainability and quality. They have a range of eco-friendly bamboo products that are free of packaging, making them a great option for those looking to reduce their waste.
- Directly from the manufacturer: Many manufacturers, such as Eco save and Save Globe, offer their products directly to consumers. This is a great option for those who want to support local businesses.
- Supermarkets: Major supermarkets are starting to carry eco-friendly toilet tissue made from bamboo, among other bamboo products, making it easier to shop. Check with your local supermarket to see if they carry sustainable products.
Toilet tissue paper roll made from bamboo emerges as a better alternative to traditionally produced toilet tissue, due to the material it is made of. It is better in quality, safe to use, chemical-free, and does not damage the ecosystem in its production. Bamboo is a renewable resource needing minimal water and insecticides during its growth. As a woke eco-conscious person, it is indisputable what alternative makes better sense for the people and the planet.
Tissue paper roll is created from biodegradable ingredients, which means it decomposes more rapidly in the environment than traditional rolls. It is an alternative that is both hygienic and friendly to the environment.
If you are looking for good-quality bamboo toilet paper at reasonable prices, check out Beco's Bamboo Tissue Roll right away! Made of 100% bamboo, it is a natural, eco-friendly alternative. It is soft, unbleached, and chemical-free. It is ideal for everyone at home.